The Order of the Gauntlet is a dedicated, tightly knit group of holy-minded crusaders driven by a finely honed sense of duty and honor. They seek to uphold justice as best they can, and to continually test their mettle against the forces of evil.
The Order of the Gauntlet is composed of faithful and vigilant seekers of justice who protect others from the depredations of evildoers. The organization is honorable, vigilant, and zealous. Clerics, monks, and paladins of good (and often lawful good) alignments are commonly drawn to the Order of the Gauntlet.
- Be armed and vigilant against evil.
- Identify evil threats such as secretive power groups and inherently evil creatures.
- Enforce justice.
- Enact retribution against evil actions—do not strike preemptively.
- Faith is the greatest weapon against evil—faith in one’s god, one’s friends, and one’s self.
- Battling evil is an extraordinary task that requires extraordinary strength and bravery.
- Punishing an evil act is just. Punishing an evil thought is not.
Order of the Gauntlet Ranks
Friendship and camaraderie are important to members of the order, and they share a trust normally reserved for siblings. There are few, if any, lone operatives in this organization. Working in pairs and small groups reinforces the bonds of friendship and helps keep members from straying off the path of righteousness.
Members are mostly paladins, fighters, and clerics. Principle deities worshipped are Tyr, Torm, and Ilmater, although the order embraces any with a sense of honor and trustworthiness.
- Chevall (1 Renown)
- Marcheon (3 Renown)
- Whitehawk (10 Renown)
- Vindicator (25 Renown)
- Righteous Hand (50 Renown)
RANK 1: Chevall (1 Renown)
This is the rank a character receives when first joining the Order of the Gauntlet. For more information on the general benefits of this rank, refer to Factions.
Receive Your Faction's Insignia. The insignia for the Order of the Gauntlet is a silver pendant depicting the blade of retribution held in place by the gauntlet of justice.
RANK 2: Marcheon (3 Renown)
Marcheons have shown that they are aligned with the Order's goals, and can take on more responsibility. For more information on the general benefits of this rank, refer to Factions.
Faction Training. The Order of the Gauntlet offers training in Smith’s tools, Leatherworker’s tools, Carpenter’s tools, Mason’s tools, or Vehicles.
RANK 3: Whitehawk (10 Renown)
Whitehawks are reliable faction agents, entrusted with many secrets and deserving of additional support during adventures. For more information on the general benefits of this rank, refer to Factions.
Item Procurement. The Order of the Gauntlet can procure the following items for a Whitehawk:
- Uncommon rarity: +1 weapon or +1 shield, cloak of protection
- Rare rarity: +1 armor, ring of warmth
RANK 4: Vindicator (25 Renown)
Vindicators are trusted voices within the Order of the Gauntlet. They are looked up as champions of the Order. For more information on the general benefits of this rank, refer to Factions.
Becoming a Mentor. The Order of the Gauntlet can requisition a veteran of the gauntlet or priest of the gauntlet to serve the Vindicator.
Order of the Gauntlet Contacts
- Lanniver Strayl, faction representative to the Sword Coast
- Ontharr Frume, Elturel
- Daran Edermath, Phandalin
- Teggins Wordsworth, Yartar
- Hlam, monk of Mount Waterdeep
Notable Members of the Order
- Emerick Faramond, founder and patron of the Knights of Aion
- Roland Daybreaker, knight of the Sacred Order of the New Dawn
- Drakos Warbinder, knight of the Order of the Silver Dragon who re-established the Order after its fall
- Galdheim Lutgehr-Deepaxe, knight of Gauntlgrym